Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm Back

I am back and I know that this is no big deal to anyone out there really, but tough shit, I'm here for me anyways. Isn't this the joy of blogging anonymously? The opportunity to write for completely narcissistic reasons. I haven't felt like writing for the last several months, but now I do, and to my relief, this blog space is still intact and mine; so hello to anyone else out there who may care enough to read....

In the last post, I shared that I was moving. Well, I did, and it was the best thing in the world for me although I find myself aching for some of the things that I had to let go of in order to re emerge into the city life again after so many years. Living in a bustling metro area after well over a decade of living in the country has been exciting, and I am now capable of leaving the house without getting lost going to the grocery store (trust me, a real challenge there for a few weeks), and becoming reacquainted with a more liberal environment of people has been like water to a person dying of thirst.

I landed an unbelievable job that is the envy of almost anyone I come across, and it even took me out of the country for the first time in my life. I experienced a tropical paradise for three weeks with all expenses paid and discovered more of myself than I could have ever dreamed possible.

My home life is stable and secure and unified at last. There is peace and a great deal of calmness that I did not think was possible, especially with a teenager in the house. Even the dog is content, what more could a person want in life?

On the outside, I am Beaver Cleaver's mom, and really, despite all the groans and protests, I enjoy it for the most part. I am in a position where I do not need to work if I don't want to, and the job that I do have is a very part time one and I have a lot of time at home with my kids and I am finding that I actually am enjoying all the down time, the relaxation, the ability to unwind myself and enjoy life again. Nice, huh? Yea, I think so, even if some days are full of demands on my time that leave me stretched out thinner than gossamer, but what the hell? This time that I am finding a sudden abundance of has been a gift and it is a gift without measure.

So with all that being said...it is time to blog again. I have been writing on a daily basis, but nothing that was for posting here...a few short stories and essays mainly accompanied with a lot of free writing and journaling. But here? Here, I can just throw what I want out there without a lot of the revising and critiquing I hope, at least from myself and still get out some of the thoughts that are always clamoring for attention wanting to be written.

So again, I am back. I hope that the few people that read me before will be back for a visit or two, but honestly, this is for me this time and no one else. I am not striving for anything else other than a simple little place to express some of my thoughts for my own mental health.

No comments: